So you’ve got a smell
Maybe it’s intense mold or a big bloodstain. Even if you have no idea where it came from, but you definitely want it gone, we feel for you. Bad smells are not something you want in your house, whether you’re preparing your home for sale or rent or just living there.
Consider the following if you ever have to make a decision about how to get rid of a bad smell.
- Act Now. First things first: the sooner you get a cleaning crew in, the better. If you identify a bad smell that you know is beyond your capacity, call OC Restoration Services to take a look and give you a free estimate ASAP. If there’s a catastrophe that is going to cause an odor, like a death in the home, a flood, or a mold bloom, call us now to take action before the smell has a chance to settle in. While many maid services and household cleaners handle a variety of tasks, they aren’t up for some of the specialty work involved in handling high-odor messes. That’s because this work can include removing furniture and carpeting or flooring, dismantling parts of the walls, and even getting up into the ceiling, attic, down in the basement, or crawlspace. OC Restoration is an expert on odor control and how to get smells out of your house for good.
- Forensic Cleaning. If the mess is biological in origin, which is usually a polite way of saying it’s related to a dead body, contact Orange County Restoration for forensic cleaning. We specialize particularly in removing odors and stains associated with death. We are trained in minimizing biohazards in addition to getting spaces clean and fresh.
- Pet Odor Removal. OC Restoration can also offer professional odor removal options for pet smells. Many of the strong odors left behind by pets are similar to those they work with day-to-day, so we can remove ruined carpeting and furniture and deodorize the house. Be aware that not all carpet cleaning companies or forensic cleaning companies will take on pet messes, primarily because not all of them have the experience and supplies to do so.
- Mold. Orange County Restoration specializes in handling issues like mold. Mold can be pervasive and a serious problem if it’s not attended to. While cleanup is important to minimize human health risks and get rid of the stench, if it’s not paired with action to address the cause of the mold, it’s going to be an ongoing problem. Our cleaning crew will find where the mold is coming from and stop it at the source.
- Post-Flood. Floods can do significant damage to a home and they tend to leave a lot of very bad smells behind. It’s important to bring in OC Restoration, a flood recovery company, as quickly as possible to strip damaged components of the house and get started on odor removal. If we don’t get into the house right away, you will have problems with rot, mold, and strong odors that may be very difficult to get rid of.
- Smoke Damage. Whether a home has been partially damaged in a fire or you’re cleaning up after a former owner or tenant who smoked, the strong odor can linger without adequate cleaning. That may include stripping and repainting the walls, replacing wallpaper, and removing smoke-damaged carpet, curtains, and other fibers. A thorough cleaning job is critical to get the last of the smoke out. In the case of fire-damaged homes, OC Restoration will remove hopelessly damaged parts of the home and establish a plan for rebuilding.
Got more smells? While these are some of the most common reasons to call Orange County Restoration Services 949-877-9697. Contact us for a free consult to get information about the best choice in professional odor removal options. Our services include Mold Testing & Remediation, Fire & Smoke Restoration, Water & Flood Restoration, Contents Cleaning, Odor and Sewage Removal, Roof Tarping, Rebuild and more!